Henry Mason, David Mattin, Maxwell Luthy, Delia Dumitrescu (Voorwoord alex Osterwalder)
Every business leader, entrepreneur, innovator, and marketer wants to know where customers are headed. The problem? The received wisdom on how to find out is wrong.
This book demonstrates a powerful, counter-intuitive truth: to anticipate what people will want next, stop looking at customers and start looking at businesses. That means learning how to draw powerful insights from the way leading brands and disruptive startups—from Apple to Uber, Chipotle to Patagonia—redefine expectations.
Sharing the secrets that have led hundreds of thousands of professionals at the the world's most successful brands and agencies to rely on TrendWatching for over a decade, Trend-Driven Innovation will reconfigure your view of the business world. Highly visual and intensely practical, i8t will act as a step-by-step manual to enbable you to build an organization that matters, products customers love, and campaigns people can’t stop talking about.
1. Why now - Welcome to the Expectation Economy
- The expectation economy
2. Scan - The Overwhelm is the Opportunity
- Trends 101
- Watch business First, customers second
- Trends in the wild
- Building a trend framework
3. Focus – What to Run With, When and How
- Post-Demographic consumerism
- Evaluating trends for opportunity
- The consumer trend radar
4. Generate – Turn Insights into Ideas
- The consumer trend canvas
- The consumer trend canvas in action
- Trend-driven ideation sessions
5. Execute – Realize Your Ideas or Realize They Are Useless
- The First yards
6. Culture – Unlock an Opportunity Machine
- Your trend department
- Trend-driven ecosystems